Friday, June 27, 2008

Fun Chicago




Hello all!








So I'm still in Chicago, but I'm going home after the Cornerstone Festival. I'm so excited to be going home too. :D








I miss everyone there. I miss you so much!!








I have been having so much fun here! I've enjoyed this place with everything in me. I'm learning a LOT from God as well. The main thing I'm learning is love. Pure, raw LOVE.








I feel like i've been very judgemental my whole life and I'm finally learning that if God isn't bashing someone for their sins, why should I? I don't know them as well as Jesus, so why should I be trying to take His place in speaking to them? Granted, there are times to confront someone--but I think that it should be up to God to tell me when and how. The love has been lost to a lot of people in the church. A lot of people think that if someone is sinning they should be shunned, or told constantly that they are doing wrong. I strongly do not agree with that. So thats mainly what I am learning.








I've been downtown a LOT for many different things. :D I went down there a few times with my friend Mary Alice. She is awesome. I'm using her computer right now as she sleeps...its about 130 right now...oh well. I don't have work in the morning. She is the one--just by her witness--that seems to be teaching me a lot of what I'm learnign. Like LOVE and embroidery, and patience, and just how to have fun! Life is not a drag! People are not a drag! I should learn to love everyone, and if they don't fit my personality and I would rather not hang out with them...I don't have to. I should pray for them, but I don't have to hang out with anyone unless Jesus says so. The catch is that I should LOVE them. I should treat them with the same respect that I would like to be shown. I shouldn't accept the way that they treat me, but I should show them Jesus' love and grace and compassion.








this whole love thing really boggles my mind.















here are some pretty pictures of me downtown. Mary alice has a camera, so that is how I have these.



This is Mary AliceAnneliece and I pretty city. Not so pretty arm
Blues Fest. I don't know why so few pictures....




Heres fun with the big bean :D







Mary alice's friend Aaron.













Fun with Mary on the El and waiting for the el
go ahead and TRY to interpret....


STORY TIME!!! Heres how this goes. "Hello sir, would you mind this picture I took of you to be posted on the internet?" THE END















5 comments:

Grace@ MammaInTheScene said...

hey that pink outfit you wore when I saw you. that is neat.

Ken said...

Hannah, we really liked the graduation pictures posted on your mom's site -- Cheryl wants to frame one of them that has "all 5 kids" (and Hosanna & Zuri to boot).

This post only loaded 27 of the pictures and then died. Too many pictures :-(

Bethany said...

yay! sorry I just got to see this post...I know I'm so slow. and now you're at Cornerstone. It was great seeing thi spictures of you up there! I'm glad you had a splendid visit.
And I hope you're having a blast at Cornerstone! Hopefully I'll see you there.

Bethany said...

oh and Uncle Ken, you shouldn't use the picture of all us 5 on my mom's site. The one on mine is better! seriously

Joni Scott said...

Looks like tons of fun! chicago is so huge! and YAY.. no more shunning! (unless, of corse, your next adventure takes you to Amish country)
PS: The word verification thing is dumb. get rid of it.